You are here
Pfizer Support for Not-for-Profit Organization Special Events
Pfizer and its legacy companies have a strong tradition of funding external, independent, not-for-profit organizations to support and promote shared goals and to demonstrate our commitment to fund programs and initiatives that provide broad public benefit, advance medical care and improve patient outcomes. These external, independent, not-for-profit organizations include patient advocacy groups, professional medical associations, trade associations and other charitable organizations with a 501(c)(3) or similar status. Pfizer strives to ensure that our continued alignment with external, independent, not-for-profit organizations is conducted in strict compliance with relevant laws and regulations, industry codes, external standards and internal Pfizer policies and procedures.
One category of funding that Pfizer provides to external, independent, not-for-profit organizations involves activities known as "Special Events." Pfizer provides limited support for certain special events.
Definition: For purposes of Pfizer's funding of external, independent, not-for-profit organizations, Special Events include, but are not limited to fundraising dinners, walks, biking and golf events, galas, awards ceremonies and other similar events that do not provide Pfizer with a tangible benefit. Pfizer will not provide input into the content or strategic direction of such Special Events. We recognize that there may be diverse understandings of the term Special Events. Pfizer has its own specific definition of this term that complies with our internal policies. We encourage external, independent, not-for-profit organizations to look at other Pfizer resources for guidance on funding of activities that do not fit our definition of Special Events. One such resource is www.musaahmad.com/grantsandcontributions.
Application Process: All requests should be submitted via the Special Event Grant System accessible on the right. You may also contact the Pfizer public affairs representative in your state, Pfizer's office in Washington, DC, or Pfizer's External Medical Affairs group in New York. Completion and submission of an application in accordance with these instructions does not guarantee Pfizer's provision of funding for the Special Event.
Examples of Funding Requests That Will Not Be Considered
Pfizer will not provide funding:
- For an activity in which the start date has already passed
- For any activity aimed at improperly influencing any entity, including but not limited to healthcare professionals or government officials
- To improperly influence prescribing, formulary positioning or recommendation of Pfizer products
- For any activity that may result in off-label promotion of Pfizer products
- That would undermine in any way the organization's independence
- As quid pro quo for service or support
- For capital support of an organization, including building costs or other similar requests related to "start up" costs
- For programs that do not provide broad public benefit, primarily benefit patient care, advance medical science or otherwise do not align with Pfizer's policy or business goals
- To individual persons
- For non-research grant proposals and donations to individual healthcare professionals or group practices
Note: This page is not meant to be inclusive of all funding provided by every division within Pfizer, but focuses only on the funding that the public affairs group might be able to provide. More information about other Pfizer sources of funding, including application requirements and procedures for submission and review, is available online at www.musaahmad.com/grantsandcontributions. Please note that many divisions within Pfizer are unable to provide funding for healthcare charitable contributions. Pfizer is working to streamline and centralize the applications process for all of our stakeholders. Pfizer may publicly post on its website payments to healthcare-related organizations or for healthcare-related activities pursuant to its Transparency in Grants (TIG) initiative.